Lift 2 Villages in Kenya out of Extreme Poverty
Let’s send $1,000 to every family in Ngamani Kafitsoni and Kapkun, Kenya.
Jordan Harbinger Show
Thanks to your incredible generosity, every family living in Ngamani and Kapkun will soon receive cash! But there’s plenty more need; you can still help transform the lives of people in poverty by giving directly.
Join me in putting life-changing funds in the hands of all 324 residents of Ngamani Kafitsoni and Kapkun villages, Kenya. Each family will receive ~$1,000 via digital transfer to spend and invest on what they need most as part of GiveDirectly’s poverty relief program.
Our donations will be delivered directly to residents, who live on less than $2.15/day and have to choose between:
• Food, which they’ve struggled to grow during a multi-year drought
• School, due to $3 semester fees per student
• Medical care, as the nearest health center is 7 miles away from Ngamani and residents struggle to afford bikes or a taxi ride
• Safe housing, as only 7 families in Ngamani currently have a permanent shelter
Here’s what a house for a family of 5 in Ngamani looks like today.
In Kapkun, residents are hoping to use the funds to:
• Feed their families, as the drought has made farming impossible
• Install local water access points so residents can stop trekking to distant rivers to collect unhealthy water
• Purchase electrical wiring to connect to an existing power grid for the first time
• Start businesses, savings circles, and more
Join me in helping deliver the cash these families need to help transform their lives. Hundreds of academic studies show cash transfers increase earnings, health, access to education, and a range of other positive outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if we raise more or less than the fundraising goal?
Any excess funds will help us deliver cash to more villages like Ngamani and Kapkun. If we don’t reach the fundraising goal, GiveDirectly will reallocate internal funds to ensure these families receive funds. No matter what, your donations will end up in the hands of families in extreme poverty.
How does the match work?
All donations will be matched (1:1, or 2X) until the campaign ends or $20K in match funds is used. Any match funds not used will “expire” and not be delivered to recipients.
How much of my donation will families receive?
Historically, GiveDirectly has delivered about 90 cents of every dollar directly to recipients. The other costs of delivering transfers are those required to deliver the funds themselves, prevent fraud, and provide customer service to recipients via in-country staff.
What is GiveDirectly?
GiveDirectly is a nonprofit that lets donors send money directly to the world’s poorest, no strings attached. In the last decade, they’ve delivered cash to 1.5 million people across fourteen countries.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, donations are tax-deductible in the United States. We accept all major credit and debit cards, PayPal, checks, wires, stocks, cryptocurrencies, and more. Reach out to us at [email protected] for more information on ways to give.