1. What are cookies?
Although this Notice refers to the general term "cookie," it also applies to any similar tracking technologies that we use (such as "web beacons," "clear GIFs," and "pixel tags").
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
GiveDirectly uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the user to move around the website and to use its features
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user makes use of the site, e.g. which pages the user visits most.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices made by the user and enhance the features, e.g. language or users location. This cookie is also used to remember a user's preferences for a font size, or customisable parts of a web page
- Targeting/Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver relevant advertising content and help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Provider||Purpose||Duration|
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where] visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited. These cookies are also used for managing and targets ads on Google properties. Click here for more information about Google Analytics Cookie Usage.||24 months|
|Google Cookie||Re-captcha on donation page used to protect against fraud.||24 months|
|MCPopupClosed||MailChimp||Pop-up used to offer visitors to the website an opportunity to sign up for GiveDirectly mailing lists.||24 months|
|[Various]||Enables social media sharing and advertising for managing and targeting ads||120 months|
|[Various]||Enables social media sharing and advertising for managing and targeting ads||24 months|
|[Various]||Stripe||Enables linking of your web browser to your Stripe Credentials.||60 months|
3. Website cookie acceptance
4. Turning cookies off
You can also opt out of receiving cookies on the GiveDirectly website for Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you disable cookies by blocking them, or delete cookies, the functionality of the website will likely be affected.
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
5. Amendments to this Cookie Notice
Date last revised: March, 2019