We also accept checks or money orders made out to Give Direct Inc. and mailed to us at Give Direct Inc., 171 Avenue A, Suite 6B, New York, NY 10009
We commit to transferring 90% of your donation directly to a poor household, letting them buy whatever they need. The remaining 10% covers our costs of identifying the recipient and transferring the funds electronically. Note that payment processors such as Google Checkout or credit card companies charge a service fee of approximately 3% to process credit card transactions including those for charities. We highlight this fee for you as part of our commitment to transparency and note that you can donate by check if you wish to avoid it.
Donations are tax-deductible in the United States. You will receive an electronic letter of confirmation to this effect.